Popular Posts

52 Weeks Of Personal Genealogy History

Friday, January 13, 2012

52 WEEKS OF ABUNDANT GENEALOGY Week 2 Paid Genealogy Tools

Week 2 – Paid Genealogy Tools: Which paid genealogy tool do you appreciate the most? What special features put it at the top of your list? How can it help others with their genealogy research?
This week’s prompt runs from Sunday, January 8 through Saturday, January 14, 2012.

The only paid service I use at this time is ancestry. I enjoy ancestry for the information I can get there with the census. I enjoy finding distant cousins and finding pictures on line that I would not of ever seen if not for ancestry. There is some newspaper articles available on ancestry. I have not found anything of interest there as of yet. The family trees are a good start to finding clues to my ancestors. These need to be used as clues only since mistakes are easy to make. I have found my great grandmother Katherine Gallagher married to a Gallagher which is not so. I do take the time to write them and share the correct information of my great grandma, hoping that they will correct this error so it does not continue to be copied incorrectly.
 Being retired money comes into the picture. I am leary of paying for some other genealogy tool and then find it does not give me what I want or I do not use it enough.

I look forward to reading what others use and may try something else. My thoughts are to maybe go to some newspaper on line service to find information.

While reading a couple of blogs this morning I did find which appears to give me some newspaper articles free from Historic American Newspapers.  I will spend some time over the next days to see what I may find there. I am especially interested in finding marriage, death or general family news.

Thanks for stopping by.. Grace your friend in family research.

No comments:

Post a Comment