Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Tombstone Tuesday Great Great Grandfather John T Lockwood


For Tombstone Tuesday I am featuring one of my great great grandfather's John T Lockwood.

John was born the 12 of February 1840 Columbus New York to Hiram and Emma (Moiser) Lockwood and passed away 13th of February 1911.

John is my civil war hero and was with the Wisconsin Calvary. He served one year and did his brother Ferdinand.

John married Betsy Eddington in Wisconsin 25th of September 1863 and together had four children Rosa, Carrie Estella and John. Carrie is my great grandmother.


John lived most of his years in either Fon du Lac Wisconsin or Big Stone Minnesota. His later years were he suffered with a lot of pain. I was able to view his Military papers and copied all of his requests for money for his disability and not being able to work due to the war.

John is buried in Clinton, Big Stone, Minnesota. This picture of his tombstone was taken by Morgan222 and I am thankful to have found it on http://www.ancestry.com/.
Rest in peace Grandpa ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 I am nowhere  done searching for my roots. For my missing family members.  So many to fine so little time.  This has been a hard few years ...