Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Fearless Females Blog Post 3 ~ Names and Naming Patterns

Fearless Females Blog Post ~ March 3 ~ Names and Naming Patterns...

I was named after my two grandmothers..
Grace after my mother's mother

This picture is probably taken at my grandparents wedding anniversary. I am on the left hand side and my sister is on the right side. The other two girls are my cousins.

and Alta after my father's mother.

Grandma Alta is on the right hand side. This is a graduation picture with two of her friends

I have always loved my name feeling it is so special to be named after love ones.

Alta is a name of other ancestors on my father's side. My great great grandmother is Alta Cheauvront.
Alta Cheuvront is on the right hand side back row. I think there are other Alta's in this family line but do not have that information handy at the moment. May have to pull that information together some day.
Thanks for stopping by as I try to catch up on the Fearless Female series. .. Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment

 I am nowhere  done searching for my roots. For my missing family members.  So many to fine so little time.  This has been a hard few years ...