Monday, July 15, 2019

Which Alta Is It ? Mother or Daughter Puzzle Solved



While wandering ancestry today I was searching hints of the siblings of my great grandmother Mabel Coleman Hall.  I found a picture linked to her sister Myrtle Alta Coleman Oberkotter.
The contributor had it linked to Myrtle and stated back said Aunt Alta age 82.
The dress led me to the 1930s and since both women lived to late 1930s the dress fit.  Except for the fact that Myrtle was born 1876 and died 1939 at the age of 63 years old while her mother Alta Cheuvront Coleman was born 1848 and lived to 1937 age of 89.  
Mystery solved this wonderful photo is my great great grandmother Alta rather than my 2nd great aunt.
I love having this photo of grandma Alta at 82 years old. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 I am nowhere  done searching for my roots. For my missing family members.  So many to fine so little time.  This has been a hard few years ...