Sunday, August 11, 2019

SENTIMENTAL SUNDAY Researching My Revolutionary War Patriot James Woodmansee

July 5th 2019 I was accepted into the Daughters of the American Revolutionary and will become apart of the Duluth chapter August 13th 2019.  I look forward to honoring my ancestor.
This next few weeks I will be working on the Woodmansee family line and researching the area my ancestor lived and fought in New Jersey Monmouth County.

Tonight I found a great timeline of the Revolutionary War era in Monmouth County.  This will help me get to know a little more hopefully about my ancestor. From the application to SAR by Leon William Chumley I learnt that James was a Lieutenant in the Monmouth County New Jersey Militia under Capt John Stouts Company, Col David Brearley's Second Regiment.

I will continue to prove other patriots in the next year.

James Woodmansee was born the 15th of August 1732 Cedar Creek, Monmouth County, New Jersey to Thomas Woodmansee and Mary Ware.
He married Hannah Worden daughter of Samuel Worden 111 and Abigail Mott.
Further research will tell me if there were 8 or 9 children.

James passed away 29th of January 1818 in Hamilton , Butler , Ohio where he and his wife were living with son Daniel.

Source is from Sons of American Revolutionary application by Leon William Chumley.




No comments:

Post a Comment

 I am nowhere  done searching for my roots. For my missing family members.  So many to fine so little time.  This has been a hard few years ...