Friday, July 9, 2021

Genealogy Pot Luck! Searching My Beiler line


My genealogy will be to spend time – actually more than one hour – reviewing my information on ancestor. Alexander Elic Chalker Coleman and his wife Catherine Beiler. I know a good about of " Elic" and he connects to my newest patriot Ebenezer Coleman , but his wife is a mystery . 

I believe his father is Abraham Beiler and mother may be Catherine Stroh or Emily Holt.. Who is her mother really. 

My plan is to take some time tonight before the fire works and again tomorrow to search the records.  

What do I know 

That she was born the 08th of March 1806 in Maryland. Several sources give me this information.

Her obituary in the Lincoln Journal Star Lincoln Nebraska states that December 4th 1884 she passed away at almost 78 years old and had 12 children 52 grandchildren and 8 great grandchildren. This gives me a death date of December 1st 1884. 

I know of 11 children in my tree. Who am I missing? What do I already know of these children and what can I find,

I know that she had one brother John Abraham Beiler or I think she did. Were there any other siblings. 

I want to see if I can find her death certificate or birth certificate that may name her parents. 

I want to see what I can find of her brother and if I can find more sources on her parents. or if any other children. 

I will first search census records from that time period. 

What will I find by the close of tomorrow. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

 I am nowhere  done searching for my roots. For my missing family members.  So many to fine so little time.  This has been a hard few years ...