Friday, June 26, 2009

Find a Grave Web site From your Laptop







Last night I posted some of the top web sites for genealogy. One of them was Find a Grave
I love to wander the cemetary. Quiet and so peaceful. Today I had dh stop at a cemetary in the Houston area. Will tell about that in another post. But tonight I wandered Craig Cemetary from my laptop.

Find a Grave is a simple-yet-powerful cemetery database has grown to more than 31 million grave transcriptions. You can search by name (with options for maiden names and partial surnames), birth date, death date or cemetery location, or browse a cemetery for people you think might be your ancestors. There's also a surname index and the Social Security Death Index.

Tonight I went to the site. Registered as a member, offered to take pictures of gravestones in my area. I then found that the pictures of my great grandmother Rachel and great grandfather Adam Zion plus there grave stone had been posted. I had seen these pictures before on the internet, but to night I was able to also get the name of the cemetary in a picture also. Before leaving I left viritual flowers for them. .
That is my grandfather Perry upper left hand corner.
Try to take some time to check out this web site. I am amazed. I will be taking some time to searching this site. I hope to be able to find graves of my ancestors that I have not seen yet.
Happy searching

No comments:

Post a Comment

 I am nowhere  done searching for my roots. For my missing family members.  So many to fine so little time.  This has been a hard few years ...