Friday, June 12, 2009

Genealogy Goal of the Day

One of my plans for this year is to take time out from my genealogy research and spend some time documenting my family history quest. Most of us spend hours on end documenting our ancestors, but spend little time on documenting our own lives. I plan to start a genealogy journal and take notes on cemetery visits, travels, phone calls, and other family history research efforts for others to learn from later. I plan to include correspondence and details on new-found cousins I come across. This will be the time I can write down stories of great "finds" as well as disappointments when I am still at a dead end. I hope that my passion for family history will be an inspiration to future generations.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 I am nowhere  done searching for my roots. For my missing family members.  So many to fine so little time.  This has been a hard few years ...