Sunday, February 24, 2019

52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks Week 2 Facing Challenges My Mama Faced



 Week 2
My mother faced her challenges every day. She was the strongest sweetest woman you could meet.
She showed us her strength and courage from the day she was diagnosed with polio until her death February 28 1998.
 A day does not go by that I do not think of her and remember her with so much love. My mom came out of this horrible disease alive, many did not. She was handicapped, wearing a brace and using crutches her whole life.  This never stopped my mama. 
She could of sat home and felt sorry for herself but she did not.
She raised my sister and me and had two more children. Arthur Jr who passed away shortly after birth and my brother David. She was involved in the church and my school. She is my inspiration.
She loved her family and loved God. She was sweet, kind and generous. Even if money was tight for us as a family if she knew a friend of ours needed a winter coat that person would get a winter coat. She loved cookies, playing Yahtzee with family and people watching.. Most of all she loved her family.
On her death bed a minister visited. He asked her if she was ready?  Her answer was yes but I will miss my family.  I feel she is near me at all times , as I write this I feel her presence near me.
She is always reminding me to be good and not " naughty. 

Miss you mama.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

 I am nowhere  done searching for my roots. For my missing family members.  So many to fine so little time.  This has been a hard few years ...