Sunday, February 3, 2019

Sepia Saturday Hats Of To The Man In A Hat

 Sepia Saturday this week is Hats Of To Men In A Hat 




This week I am featuring my 2nd great grandfather on my father paternal side.

When John Henderson Zion was born November 28th, 1831 in Rush Indiana, his father McCormic was 36 and his mother Mary was 35.
John was only 3 years old when his mother passed away .  His father had been married once before John's mother and again after John's mother died so he had a number of siblings.

He married Mary M Cassell on September 8th 1853.  They would have four children in 14 years.
Mary , William, Jonathan Adam who is my great grand father and his younger sister Etta.

John was a farmer and lived most of his life in Iowa.  I know little about him but I see a strong man in those eyes.

At he end of his life he was living with daughter Mary and her husband in Missouri.  He would die there but then be buried in Iowa

 He died on April 22, 1920 in Foster Missouri at the age of 88 years old and is buried in Lamoni, Iowa






Take  a moment and check out some other posts on Sepia Saturday







4 comments:

  1. yes, John had strong unflinching eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks kind. And can you imagine how difficult it was to transport him after death from Iowa to Missouri? Though, when you think of the paperwork that would be required today it probably was easier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love his face, I see kindness and strength. thank you for reading and commenting

    ReplyDelete

 I am nowhere  done searching for my roots. For my missing family members.  So many to fine so little time.  This has been a hard few years ...