Tuesday, February 4, 2020

52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks Week 6 Same Name

Amy Johnson Crow has a prompt for each week this year. This is week 6 and this is my first post of the year. I may go back and pick up some of the past weeks prompts. Time will tell. This weeks prompt is same name and it fits perfect with my name Grace Alta.  I am so proud of both of my names since my maternal grandma was Grace and my paternal grandma was Alta.

 I was not lucky enough to know my grandma Alta physically but feel her presence near me at times. I sometimes think she is whispering in my ear. I adored my grandma Grace and have fond memories of her.



Grace Celeste Daly Esler was born the 6th of July 1892 to Catherine Ellen Gallaher and Andrew Daly.  They never married. My great grandma Catherine was shunned by her parents for having a child out of wedlock. Catherine married Appleton Esler and they had a long and happy marriage. He raised grandma Grace as his.  Appleton had been married before and had two children Tillie and Russell. Together Appleton and Catherine had two children Merle and Wayne. They were a happy blended family and I was lucky to know all of my great aunts and uncles. Grandma passed away August 18, 1972.



Alta comes from my paternal grandma. She was born the 26th of June 1892 to Arthur Hall and Mabel Coleman Hall.  Alta passed away from cancer the 21st of February 1844.

Alta was named after her grandma Alta Angeline Cheuvront 1848 -1937.




Hope that you enjoyed my same name different Alta or Grace

2 comments:

  1. A typo has crept in I think. Did Alta die 1944 rather than 1844?
    I enjoyed your post. Regards Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Alta" sounds really unusual. I'll check my tree. Maybe I have an Alta too. I know I have some Graces.

    ReplyDelete

 I am nowhere  done searching for my roots. For my missing family members.  So many to fine so little time.  This has been a hard few years ...