Sunday, February 9, 2020

Saturday Night Fun With Randy Seaver My Top 12 Surname Names

Saturday Night Fun with Randy Seaver 



Each week on Randy Seaver’s Genea-musings blog he has a post for Saturday night Genealogy fun. Because of the time difference, I have called my series Sunday Afternoon Genealogy Fun. This week’s mission was:
1) Go into your Genealogy Management Program (GMP; either software on your computer, or an online family tree) and figure out how to Count how many surnames you have in your family tree database.
2)  Tell us which GMP you’re using and how you did this task.
3)  Tell us what the top 20  surnames are in your database and, if possible, how many entries.  How many different surnames are in your family tree?
4)  Write about it in your own blog post, in a comment to this blog post, in a status or comment on a Facebook post.
I Went to my Roots Magic and pulled the report of my Surnames
I have a total of 282 Surnames at this time.  My top 12 names are 
Zion 117 earliest 1765 
Coleman 107 earliest ?
Milsap/ Millsap 77 earliest 653 
Day 93 earliest 1575
Lockwood 71 earliest 1568
Lovejoy 50 earliest 1622
Anderson 50 earliest 1742
Cheuvront 41 earliest 1757
Woodmansee 34 earliest 1670
Chapman 32 earliest 1760
Rouse 32 earliest 1760
Cassell 26 erliest 1775
What I have learned from this exercise is that I do not believe everyone I have in my ancestry tree is in my rootsweb tree. I need to figure out why since I go to ancestry and thought I was downloading to rootsweb. 
I am open to suggests to ideas to correct what I think is a problem. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 I am nowhere  done searching for my roots. For my missing family members.  So many to fine so little time.  This has been a hard few years ...