Wednesday, February 9, 2011

On This Day Great Grandfather William Albert Day Passes Away


William was born October 15 1867 in Rome, New York to Dwight Henry and Betsy Ann Anderson Day.

He met and married Carrie Betsy Lockwood January 09 1889 in Big Stone Minnesota.
This marriage produced eight children Fairfax, Dewey, William Henry ( my grandfather ), Morris Fred, Bernard, Gladys, Grace, Lester.

His career was cut short by an early death from Diabetes at the age of 52 in Renville Minnesota. In February 1920 Sacred Heart turned out in record number to bid a final farewell to one they had learned to love and respect.

More can be read in an earlier post on William Albert one of my great grandfathers here.
Rest in peace grandpa... Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment

 I am nowhere  done searching for my roots. For my missing family members.  So many to fine so little time.  This has been a hard few years ...