It has been so long since I posted here or even did any family research. Life gets so busy with everything else and one of my favorite past times gets put on the back burner. Yesterday we had my step son and his family visit from the twin cities. Conversation went to his father's parents and ancestors so I pulled out the very small note book I have started on their family to show him. He was over joyed with the little work I have done. Next I am asking his wife about her family. She has very little information so with my computer note book and going to ancestry I was able to start her family tree for her. Hopefully she will continue to talk to her family and do some research.
So I am back tonight and hope to take time every week to do one of my favorite things. Work on my family research.
I will start with continuing my Surname Saturday postings. Tonight I am working on my family Carmichael family. This line is on my father's side the Zion side.
1. Grace Zion
2. Arthur Zion b April 30 1920 d Sept 15 2008
3. Muriel Day b Feb 23 1922 d Feb 28 1998
4. Perry Zion b Dec 12 1886 Kendal Kansas d Dec 21 1958
5. Alta L Hall b June 26 1892 Evansville Wisconsin d Feb 21 1944
8. Jonathan Zion b Sept 29 1861 Decatuer Iowa d April 07 1927 Craig Colorado
9. Rachel Millsap b April 19 1862 Mount Ayr, Ringgold county Iowa d May 13 1945 Spanaway Pierce county, Washington
16. John Henderson Zion b Nov 28 1831 Rush county Indiana d April22 1920 Foster Missouri
17. Mary Margaret Cassill b Oct 17, 1834 Illinois d Nov 20, 1919 Lamona, Iowa
34.Jonathan Cassill b abt 1810 d in Illinois d Jan 24 1845
35.Elizabeth Mary Polly Carmichael b abt 1814 d abt 1899 Illinois.
At this moment my Carmichael line ends and begins with Mary. I am at a dead end, I have not found who her parents are and there are no hints on ancestry for me to follow so will need to begin my search with her and the census reports. Maybe a family member was living near by.
Thanks for stopping by.. till later Grace
Saturday night and the weather here has been stormy. It is starting to clear up and a I think it is a perfect time to join Randy Seaver Sat...
I'm following my ahnentafel report for my Surname Saturday posts. My fourth surname is the Millsap name 1. Grace Zion 2. Dad Zion 4. ...
It is Saturday and I am counting down my Ancestral Name List I am at my 4th great grandparents Note that earlier great grandparents were d...
Genea-blogger John Newmark (who writes the Transylvanian Dutch blog) started a Monday blog theme years ago called "Amanuensis Monday.&q...
Surname Saturday Hensley It is Saturday and I am counting down my Ancestral Name List I am at my 5th great grandparents Note that earlie...
Today I am continuing with my Surname Saturday postings with my ancestor Lovejoy family name and my 10th great grandfather Rowland Lovejoy o...
1. Grace Zion 2. Arthur Zion ( 1921 - 2008 ) 3. Muriel Day ( 1922 - 1998 ) 4. Perry Zion ( 1886 - 1958 ) 5. Alta Hall ( 1892 - 1944 ) ...
A common phrase when I was growing up was shirt tail relatives. Just what does that really mean. What brought forth these memories of past ...
This month I have decided to concentrate on my Cheuvront family line. The family line began in America with Joseph Cheuvront and the last...
Saturday Night Genealogy Fun put on by Randy Seaver -- Female Ancestors Age at Death Here's mine (I'm going to use ahnentafel nu...