Monday, November 23, 2009

Rest In Peace Grandpa Lockwood


I spent the weekend working on another family line. The Lockwood family. I received an email from a cousin that some one had posted a picture of John Lockwoods grave stone on http://www.ancestry.com/ . I was so excited. I had never made it to where he lived and died. He was at one end of Minnesota and it felt so far away. Now by the wonders of the internet I can see this gravestone I have wanted to see for more than 10 years.


This is my great great grandfather John Lockwood, my civil war soldier grandfather. I think of him often and wonder what he was like, how the war affected him. I know from reading his military records at the National Archives that it affected his health.


Rest in peace grandpa
John T Lockwood
born Feb 12 1840
died Feb 13 1911


John T Lockwood is buried in the Clinton City Cemetery, Big Stone County, Minnesota
I would think that his wife Betsey Eddington Lockwood is buried next to him but her gravestone was not posted on the Internet. I will be putting in a request for someone to take her picture at http://www.findagrave.com/
I will be sharing more about my grandpa John over the next days.
Thanks for stopping by... Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment

 I am nowhere  done searching for my roots. For my missing family members.  So many to fine so little time.  This has been a hard few years ...