Saturday, July 17, 2010

Surname Saturday Daly Family Searching For My Andrew Daly


Tonight for Surname Saturday the next name up is Daly. This will be quick and simple since I do not know much about this name.
My grandmother Grace's mother Katherine was involved with a Andrew Daly of the LaCrosse Wisconsin or Winona Minnesota area in the early 1890's. She became pregnant in 1892, but they did not marry. She had my grandmother mid 1893 and within a few months married Appleton Esler who raised my grandmother as his daughter.
My grandmother did not talk about Andrew, only stating that he was a bum and went to Chicago. I do not believe this and think she was embarrassed to let us know the truth.
It was not until after she died that I found out about Andrew Daly from my mother and uncle. I do know she met him once at the funeral of Katherine's brother Bill after he had an accidental death.
I am still trying to figure out exactly who my Andrew Daly is. I have a idea from the census but hope some day someone will recognize his picture.
Thanks for stopping by for Surname Saturday.. Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment

 I am nowhere  done searching for my roots. For my missing family members.  So many to fine so little time.  This has been a hard few years ...