Sunday, June 12, 2016

Searching the Lives of my ancestors from birth to death Grace M Hall Brunsell 1893 - 1983 1st Cousin 2 times Removed

Tonight my quest was to find out information for one of my ancestors through the line of my great grandfather Arthur R Hall

Tonight's choice was his niece Grace, all I had when I started was her parents names and that she was born about 1894.  She is the daughter of grandpa Arthur's brother Mark Hall and Mary Cassady Hall.

So off the ancestry I went. There was a leaf that told he I had a hint.

What I found was the record of her birth and christening which gave me her birth date of  05 Nov 1893.

This is the record found


Hall
 in the Wisconsin, Births and Christenings Index, 1801-1928
Saved to
Hall, Grace M in tree "Zion / Day Family Tree" Remove
Record Image No Image
Text-only collection
Add alternate information
Report issue
Name: Hall
Gender: Female
Race: White
Birth Date: 5 Nov 1893
Birth Place: Union, Rock, Wisconsin
Father: Mark A Hall
Mother: Mary Cassaday
FHL Film Number: 1305582
SAVE
Source Information
Ancestry.com. Wisconsin, Births and Christenings Index, 1801-1928 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2011.
Original data:
"Wisconsin Births and Christenings." Index. FamilySearch, Salt Lake City, Utah, 2009, 2010. Index entries derived from digital copies of original and compiled records.
Description
This database is an index extracted from more than 1.4 million birth and christening records from Wisconsin. Learn

Next leaf was to find a distant relative 's tree that gave me her married name of Brunsell.

Grace married Carl Oscar Brunsell the 24th of  February 1916 Stoughton Dane Wisconsin

They had 5 children during their marriage.

This information gave me the census reports and find a grave site

I ended the night at Maple Hill Cemetery with the only picture showing is the cemetery entrance post.
No pictures of the head stones have been taken as of yet.

Grace died 24 of February 1838 and Carl passed away 19th of July 1930



I wish that the picture of the grave was posted.
Buried in this same cemetery is Grace's father Mark Alonzo
I will be spending some time searching more information on Grace and her husband.  Plus finding out who else is buried in this cemetery.

Grace is my first cousin 2 times removed

Thanks for stopping by..Happy hunting for your roots.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 I am nowhere  done searching for my roots. For my missing family members.  So many to fine so little time.  This has been a hard few years ...