Saturday, August 14, 2010

Surname Saturday Gallaher, Gallagher Family From Ireland


For surname Saturday I am at my 8th name and it is the Gallaher family also found as Gallagher.Both spellings can be found and used among family members. I have very little on this name but now that I am back in Minnesota, I hope to be able to take a trip to La Crosse Wisconsin and spend a few hours there to search for more. My great great grandparents came from Ireland so my search ends with them in the United States
Here is what is known at this time
#1 Grace Zion
#2 Arthur Zion married
#3 Muriel Day
#6 William Day 
#7Grace Daly Esler daughter of Katherine Gallaher/Gallagher and Andrew Daly. Katherine was born 10 May 1874 La Crosse Wisconsin and died 19 March 1940. She married Appleton Esler of Minnesota.
Katherine had Grace Daly 1893 - 1972 , Tillie Esler 1884, Russell Esler 1886- 1944, Merle Esler 1906, Jesse Wayne Esler 1909.
#15 Catherine Gallaher/Gallagher daughter of
#30 Patrick Gallaher/Gallagher and
#31Joanna Riordan
Patrick Gallaher/Gallagher born about 1830 Ireland. He married Joanna Riordan. Patrick passed away 3 January 1898 in La Crosse, Wisconsin. Joanna Riordan Gallaher/Gallagher was born in Ireland August 1833 and passed way 12 July 1902 La Crosse Wisconsin.
Patrick and Joanna had besides Katherine, Bridget 12 March 1869 - 2 Jan 1934 , Mary April 1866 - 11 April 1934 and William 15 Dec 1869- 2 Jan 1934.

There is a lot to learn on this family and hope to meet and hook up with some distant cousins in the future.

Thanks for stopping by for Surname Saturday You can read other Gallaher/Gallagher postings by searching the right hand side bar for their name.. Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment

 I am nowhere  done searching for my roots. For my missing family members.  So many to fine so little time.  This has been a hard few years ...