Friday, July 6, 2012

Remembering Grandma Grace On Her Birthday

Today I am remembering my grandma Grace. It would of been her birthday. She was born in 1892 in Winona Minnesota to Katherine Gallaher and Andrew Daly /Daley.
She grew up in Mora Minnesota in a loving family with step siblings and half siblings. She married William H Day, had 5 children 3 who lived. She was a sweet little lady who loved her family and her God.  I remember sharing cookies and ginger ale in her kitchen.  I miss her a lot and wish I had taken more time to get to know her as a person. I wished I had asked about her family. So much information  I did not ask and now it is to late to ask.

Happy birthday Grandma, I love you and miss you so much.  This is a picture of my grandma and grandpa Day. She loved hats and brooches and is probably on her way to church.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 I am nowhere  done searching for my roots. For my missing family members.  So many to fine so little time.  This has been a hard few years ...