Thursday, July 5, 2012

TREASURE CHEST THURSDAY ~ Birthday Cards From Grandma

Treasure Chest Thursday today is all about the letters and cards I have from my family. So much of todays correspondence is emails and text mails. These can not be passed down generation to generation like the cards and letters I have in my collection.
I have birthday cards from my grandma Grace, grandpa Day and aunts and uncles. I have letters written by uncles that I only met 3 or 4 times. These letters talk about meeting me as a little girl, holding me on their lap and how cute I was. These paper items can not possibly have a dollar value since they are priceless.
All of these family members are gone but I can still have them close to me when I read the letter or card or look at their pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 I am nowhere  done searching for my roots. For my missing family members.  So many to fine so little time.  This has been a hard few years ...