Sunday, November 4, 2012

LOUISA MARIA REYNOLDS Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - Ancestor Name Roulette

Well has been a very long time since I have been here or even working on my genealogy. Time flies and what I may enjoy to do gets put on the back burner.

It is now Sunday and I wandered around some other bloggers post and see Randy Seaver is still up to his Saturday night Genealogy fun. Better late than never I thought I would give his Ancestor Name Roulette a shot.
From Randy Seavers Genea Musings

1) What year was one of your great-grandmothers born? Divide this number by 90 and round the number off to a whole number. This is your "roulette number."

2) Use your pedigree charts or your family tree genealogy software program to find the person with that number in your ancestral name list (some people call it an "ahnentafel" -
your software will create this - use the "Ahnentafel List" option, or similar). Who is that person, and what are his/her vital information?


3) Tell us three facts about that person in your ancestral name list with the "roulette number."

4) Write about it in a blog post on your own blog, in a Facebook status or a Google Stream post, or as a comment on this blog post.

5) If you do not have a person's name for your "roulette number" then spin the wheel again - pick a great-grandmother, a grandfather, a parent, a favorite aunt or cousin, yourself, or even your children


My great grandmothers were Katherine GALLAGHER ESLER, Carrie LOCKWOOD DAY,  Rachel Ann MILLSAP ZION and Mabel COLEMAN HALL
I chose the birth year of Mabel who was born in 1972 in Greenwood, Nebraska to John Henry COLEMAN and Alta CHEAUVRONT COLEMAN.



My number is 21 Louisa Maria REYNOLDS one of my great great grandmother.

1. Louisa was born November 25, 1832 to John Gilbert REYNOLDS and Mandania Saxton (GROVER). She was the oldest child and was born in Schenetady, Franklin County, New York and had 7 siblings all daughters. Her sisters names were Sarah, Rebecca, Hattie, Mary, Mandania , Sybil, and Martha.

2. She married George Wilbur HALL on November 29, 1860 in Madison, Rock County, Wisconsin.
The 1860 census has her living in the J R Hiestand home working as a servant. The census was dated June 26th 1860. Living in the same home is George Hall who she marries the 29th of November 1860 in Madison, Rock County, Wisconsin. They had seven children with one of them being my great grandfather Arthur Hall who married Mabel Coleman August 28,1891.  Arthur's siblings were Charles, Florence , Mark, George and Agnes with Arthur being the second child.

3. She died the 11th of March 1899 in Evansville, Rock County, Wisconsin at the age of 66 years old.

I do not know alot about her and her parents and all I have of her picture wise is her gravestone at this time. I hope to spend time on this line soon. I wonder what she looked like and what her life was like. We can look at history and get a feeling to what life was like but would be nice to find some personal glimpses into her life.
I did do a post on George Hall and Louisa here . It is a brief look into their life.

I am sharing this over at Saturday night Genealogy Fun even if it is no longer Saturday. I can have fun working and sharing on my genealogy any time. Thanks for stopping by Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment

 I am nowhere  done searching for my roots. For my missing family members.  So many to fine so little time.  This has been a hard few years ...