Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Wordless ( Almost ) Wednesday Remembering Great Grandma Mabel Coleman Hall

Distant cousin Judy emailed me wanting  a link to family information on great grandmother Mabel (Coleman) Hall.  I love these emails from family. Gives me reason to stop and take another look at my family history/ research.
Great grandma Mabel was born 1st of July of 1872 in Nebraska and passed away on the 14th of March 1946 in South Dakato where she was living with daughter Pearl. Grandma married Arthur Hall and together they had three girls. My grandma Alta, Belle and Pearl who is the grandma of my cousin Judy.
Grandma died 2 1/2 years before I was born and two years after my grandma Alta who passed away on the 21st of February 1944.
I never met either grandma but still I feel their strength within myself. If I am quiet enough I can almost hear grandma Alta whisper in my ear. My middle name is the same as grandma Alta and Mabel's mother's name was Alta so I share this name with both of them.
I probably have shared this picture before of Mabel but I love this picture. I see strength, humor and bit of spunk in that face.

I also see in this face gentleness. I am guessing this was taken in Washington some time before my grandmother Alta passed away.
 
Thanks for stopping by for Almost Wordless Wednesday as I share a bit about my great grandmother Mabel.
Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment

 I am nowhere  done searching for my roots. For my missing family members.  So many to fine so little time.  This has been a hard few years ...