Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Tombstone Tuesday Etta Anna Gertrude Zion Daughter of John and Mary



Today I am sharing a little bit on my 2nd great aunt Etta Anna Gertrude Zion daughter of

John and Mary Cassell Zion.

Etta story is sad being that she died only  a couple of months after marrying Maley Piercy

on the 20th of August 1890.  This picture has the groom cut away.


Etta was born the 21st of September 1868 in Decatuer County Iowa and passed away on

 December 31st 1890.

She is buried in Lilly Cemetery in Lamoni next to her parents.

 I have put a request for a photo of her tombstone with find a grave.

Cemetery posting says that the inscription is daughter of JH and MM


 Obituary click here ... read more about Etta here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 I am nowhere  done searching for my roots. For my missing family members.  So many to fine so little time.  This has been a hard few years ...