Sunday, March 10, 2019

52 Ancestors 52 Weeks Bachelor Uncle Fairfax W Day

A Bachelor Uncle  Fairfax Day 1894 - 1966 

    Sadly I know very little about my great uncle Fairfax.  I know that he was born the 2nd of February 1894 to William Albert and Carrie Lockwood Day in Clinton, Big Stone County,  Minnesota.  He was the third child and third son.  At the age of 6 the year is 1900 and he is living in Moonshine Township, Big Stone, Minnesota and the family now has seven children William Henry my grandfather, Morris, Fairfax , Bernard , Dewey , Gladys and Grace.  Within a year the family will move to Mora Minnesota and a Lester will be born.
    In 1917 the family will be living in Sacred Heart Minnesota with the father opening a bank. Fairfax will not be working and is listed as medium height slender with grey eyes and black hair.  He will claim exemption from the military service stating he is crippled in both legs.



   By 1920 William Albert the father will have died due to a problem with diabetes. The family is left with out the main bread winner.
   The next date we know of is 1930 and Fairfax is living with his mother Carrie who has remarried to George Warner.  They are living in Shamrock , Atkin County , Minnesota and will move with mother and and step father to McGregor, Minnesota .  I have a picture of him and his mother and they seem happy living by a lake and fishing.
  The year 1946 his mother passes away and by 1950 he is renting an apartment in Minneapolis Minnesota.
   I do remember meeting him some where when I was a child and he seemed pleasant and gentle to me.
   His sister Grace and Gladys and brother Lester lived in the same city so I would think he saw and
attended family doings with them and their children.
   Fairfax passed away 4th of September 1966 at the age of 72 and is buried in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 I am nowhere  done searching for my roots. For my missing family members.  So many to fine so little time.  This has been a hard few years ...