Friday, December 11, 2009

Ancestry.com Upgrades Census Collection

Ancetry.com has upgraded the census collection. You can read the whole article at
http://blog.familytreemagazine.com/insider/2009/12/10/AncestrycomUpgradesCensusCollection.aspx
If you’ve had trouble finding your ancestors in US census records on subscription genealogy site Ancestry.com, it may be time to try again. The site just released enhanced images and/or indexes for six more census. They have added to upgrades implemented a few months ago, that means improved images for the 1790 through 1900 censuses, and better indexes for the 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1900 censuses. In all, that's 200 million improved census records.
I am excited when ever I can find my of my ancestors or to link with fellow relatives at the site.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 I am nowhere  done searching for my roots. For my missing family members.  So many to fine so little time.  This has been a hard few years ...