Thursday, December 10, 2009

Memories of Christmas Past and Grandma's Brooch on Treasure Chest Thursday


During the last years my mother was with us every year she would give us gifts of her favorite treasures at Christmas .
This is one of my favorites. It is a brooch that my mother bought as a gift for my grandmother about 1942.
She gave me a note in her handwritting telling me that it cost her $12.00 which was a whole weeks wages and tips.
I think the best gift is our memories and things from the past.

2 comments:

  1. Your pin is a real treasure, as well! It's extra special with the note and history, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very special gift. Thanks for sharing.

    Keep those ancestor stories coming!

    Bill ;-)

    http://drbilltellsancestorstories.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

 I am nowhere  done searching for my roots. For my missing family members.  So many to fine so little time.  This has been a hard few years ...