Friday, December 11, 2009

Remembering Darryl Christmas for Smile For The Camera



Christmas is a great time for families to spend time together. It is also a time that I spend remembering Christmas's in the past. There are so many memories of wonderful Christmas's. Of course with those memories comes thinking of family that is no longer with us. Today I am spending a little time telling you about Darryl. He was my brother in law from my first marriage. He was tall , quiet and very sweet. I loved him like a brother and still think of him with fond memories. He love to fish, he loved the outdoors and he loved Jello. We would play scrabble together at the kitchen table. I remember Darryl and wish he had spent more Christmas's with us.
This picture is of Christmas 1966. I am newly married with my husband Al who is in the navy. He was able to come back home for Christmas. We spent the day at my in laws and opened Christmas presents. This picture is of new hubby and me in front of their Christmas tree. I am 18 years old, married for a little over 2 months and unknown to me I will have my first son in 9 months in September of 1967. His middle name will be the same as Darryl's. Darryl will pass away in April of 1968 at 30 years old.
As I prepare for the holidays today these wonderful pass Christmas's are always with me.
I miss you Darryl and wish you had stayed with us longer. You would of enjoyed my boys.
This is just one of my Christmas memories. Come back as I share other family members and Christmas's of the past.
I will be posting this for Smile for the Camera

3 comments:

  1. A lovely memory to share.Those we have loved are always close on this night.Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice tribute and a happy memory of a Christmas past.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the smile!

    Bill ;-)

    http://drbilltellsancestorstories.blogspot.com/
    Author of "13 Ways to Tell Your Ancestor Stories"

    ReplyDelete

 I am nowhere  done searching for my roots. For my missing family members.  So many to fine so little time.  This has been a hard few years ...