Thursday, December 10, 2009

Nebraska State Census at Ancestry.com


Ancestry.com announced the release of the Nebraska State Census records for 1860 to 1885 today. You can read about it at Crista Cowan's blog post Ancestry World Archives Project Releases Nebraska State Census, 1860-1885.

I had family living in Nebraska at this time. So far I have found my great great grandparents in the census. John Coleman is living with his wife Alta Cheuvront Coleman and daughter's Alta M ( Myrtle), Mable Coleman Hall ( my great grandmother) and brother's Elic Henry and a Frank Matheny who I think was a hired hand.

(1877 Nebraska State Census, Cass County, Salt Creek Township, Page 9, Dwelling #1, Family #1, National Archives Microfilm Series M352)
I love the new opportunity of finding new areas to research my family at www.ancestry.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

 I am nowhere  done searching for my roots. For my missing family members.  So many to fine so little time.  This has been a hard few years ...