Thursday, September 9, 2010

Who Are My Great Grandparents

Recently I was talking with a woman in Texas about my age ( early 60's). For some reason I asked her what her grandmother's maiden name was. She surprised me by not knowing what it was. I do not think she was even interested in knowing the information.
I sometimes forget there are two different people. Us who live family history, always thirsting for more information and those who have no interest at all.
How many of your great grandparents can you name?
Here are mine
1. Jonathan Adam Zion b 29 Sept 1861 Decatur County Iowa d 07 April 1927 Craig Colorado
2. Rachel Ann Millsap b 19 April 1862 Mount Ayr Colorado d 13 May 1945
3. Arthur Reynolds Hall b 19 Sept 1863 d 08 July 1919 Colorado
4. Mabel Jane Coleman b 01 July 1872 Greenwood Nebraska d 14 March 1947 Arkansas while visiting family.
5.William Albert Day b 15 Oct 1867Rome New York d Feb 1920 Sacred Heart Minnesota
6. Carrie B Lockwood b 07 October 1870 d April 1946 Minnesota
7. Andrew Daly information unknown at this time b abt 1870's death unknown would think he was born in the LaCrosse Wisconsin area and probably lived and died that. I have hints of who he may have been as a teen but need to work on this in the future
8. Katherine Ellen Gallaher/ Gallagher 10 May 1874 LaCrosse Wisconsin d 19 March 1940 Mora Minnesota

Recently I was reading a post by Randy Seaver and he listed the occupation of his male ancestors back six generations. That would be interesting. I am sure most of mine were farmers. Will have to work on that information in the future.

Thanks for stopping by... grace

No comments:

Post a Comment

 I am nowhere  done searching for my roots. For my missing family members.  So many to fine so little time.  This has been a hard few years ...