Recently I was talking with a woman in Texas about my age ( early 60's). For some reason I asked her what her grandmother's maiden name was. She surprised me by not knowing what it was. I do not think she was even interested in knowing the information.
I sometimes forget there are two different people. Us who live family history, always thirsting for more information and those who have no interest at all.
How many of your great grandparents can you name?
Here are mine
1. Jonathan Adam Zion b 29 Sept 1861 Decatur County Iowa d 07 April 1927 Craig Colorado
2. Rachel Ann Millsap b 19 April 1862 Mount Ayr Colorado d 13 May 1945
3. Arthur Reynolds Hall b 19 Sept 1863 d 08 July 1919 Colorado
4. Mabel Jane Coleman b 01 July 1872 Greenwood Nebraska d 14 March 1947 Arkansas while visiting family.
5.William Albert Day b 15 Oct 1867Rome New York d Feb 1920 Sacred Heart Minnesota
6. Carrie B Lockwood b 07 October 1870 d April 1946 Minnesota
7. Andrew Daly information unknown at this time b abt 1870's death unknown would think he was born in the LaCrosse Wisconsin area and probably lived and died that. I have hints of who he may have been as a teen but need to work on this in the future
8. Katherine Ellen Gallaher/ Gallagher 10 May 1874 LaCrosse Wisconsin d 19 March 1940 Mora Minnesota
Recently I was reading a post by Randy Seaver and he listed the occupation of his male ancestors back six generations. That would be interesting. I am sure most of mine were farmers. Will have to work on that information in the future.
Thanks for stopping by... grace
A common phrase when I was growing up was shirt tail relatives. Just what does that really mean. What brought forth these memories of past ...
I'm following my ahnentafel report for my Surname Saturday posts. My fourth surname is the Millsap name 1. Grace Zion 2. Dad Zion 4. ...
On or about this day Robert Millsaps passed away in December of 1793 in Randolph North Carolina. Robert was born in Belfast, Ireland in 17...
I have been going through piles and piles of pictures, letters and cards. I have been the keeper of all since sometime in 1998. My pla...
For Surname Saturday I am sharing my Woodmansee Family Name using an Ahnentefel Report. (1) Grace Zion (2) Arthur Zion married (3) Muriel ...
I started this post on my vintage postcard blog and after turning around found out that it was written to my Appleton Esler so decided it f...
I have been enjoying the TV show . Who Do You Think You Are?Have you been able to catch it yet. Today's email from http://www.ancestry.c...
For Time Line Thursday I am continuing with Harriet Carpenter my third great grandmother who I posted on earlier today. 1811 December 13...
Fearless Females Blog Post 18 - Favorite Female Ancestor ~ HARRIET CARPENTER CHRISMAN ANDERSON COCOGNEMarch will be Fearless Female Month over at Accidental Genealogist . I will post all or some of the prompts during the month of March. I ch...
Today for Tombstone Tuesday I am highlighting my Margaret Maston Loder born 2 March 1811 and died 23 Nov 1884 Margaret is buried in Shef...