Friday, November 12, 2010

Family Funeral.. Obituary for Emma Moiser Lockwood


I recently found this on http://www.ancestry.com/ thanks to my cousin Nancy. She had been at the historical center and found the obituary of Emma Moiser Lockwood.



Emma Moiser Lockwood

4 March 1820 - 4 October 1900


Mrs. Emma Lockwood, the aged mother of Ferdinand, Fred and

John Lockwood, died at the home of the former, town of Malta

on Thursday last. Mrs. Lockwood was born in Columbia

County, N.Y. March 4th 1820, and has been a resident of this

county since 1868. The funeral occured from her late

residence on Saturday last, and was largely attended by a

sorrowful company of relatives, old neighbors and friends. Rev.

Meske of this city conducted the services and the internment was made at

Otrey Cemetery.

Source: Ortonville, Mn. The Hearld Star v22 (12) Thursday October 11, 1900



Emma was married to Hiram Lockwood 1804 - 1883. She also had a daughter Isabella 1842 - 1922 who was living in Idaho. I find it interesting and sad that she is not listed in the Obit.

I went to http://www.findagrave.com/ and found this cemetery. There is only one name listed so I have requested for some one to try to find her grave and to take a picture of it and her husband if he is there. With winter coming this probably will not happen till snow melts next year.

Thanks for visiting.. hope that you will take a moment and read some of my other postings before leaving... Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment

 I am nowhere  done searching for my roots. For my missing family members.  So many to fine so little time.  This has been a hard few years ...