Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Wordless ( Almost ) Wednesday 1954 My Sister and I Ready For Winter

Wordless ( Almost ) Wednesday is a time I like to share a picture. It is winter and cold outside already. I just bought my self a new winter coat. I think my coats as a child were much cuter.
This picture is taken about 1954 in Duluth and my sister and I are standing on the steps of my grandma and grandpa Day's home. If you look at the edge of the stairs you will see the remains of snow that did not get shoveled. We are all dressed up with cute coats, hats and mittens. Looks like my sister even has a scarf around her neck. I think we look adorable in this picture. This picture is going on 60 years old. This house is still standing and as we drive by I think of my grandparents and the wonderful time that were spent in that home. Many dinners, many holidays and many memories of lots of love within those four walls.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 I am nowhere  done searching for my roots. For my missing family members.  So many to fine so little time.  This has been a hard few years ...