Thursday, July 23, 2009

Record References found on the Internet

The following is a copy of information I received in an email from Family Tree. Last night I once again got lost at www.ancestry.com and found records of births of early ancestors. Now with this list I can continue my search. I hope that you get lost in some of these and find some useful information for your family tree.
I went to the Vital Records chart and printed it out this morning to put in my Pedigree note book so I have it at my finger tips. This chart tells me when each state started to record Birth, Marriage and Death information.

Here’s a list of the cheat sheets currently available in this category. Check back often at http://www.familytreemagazine.com/recordreferences as we’ll continue to add new ones.
Naturalization Laws TimelineWhat laws might have affected your ancestors when they immigrated to America? Knowing the restrictions and guidelines in place will help you identify records to consult.
Records ChecklistThink you've hit a brick wall? Don't assume you're stuck yet—use this rundown of record types to guide you to other records you haven't checked.
War Service Reference GuideFrom the American Revolution to the Vietnam War, most families have members who served in the military. View a timeline of US conflicts, plus our birth date chart serves as a quick guide to telling which major war your ancestor likely served in.
Where to Look for 1880 DDD Supplemental Census RecordsThis state-by-state listing helps you find the 1880 supplemental schedules of “defective, dependent and delinquent classes” for your ancestor's state. Vital Records ChartSee at a glance the years that each US state began keeping state-level birth, marriage and death records. (Note that many counties began recording these events earlier.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 I am nowhere  done searching for my roots. For my missing family members.  So many to fine so little time.  This has been a hard few years ...