Thursday, March 4, 2010

March is Women's History Month ... Meet The Women In My Life # 1



I was reading a posting at Shades Of The Departed about March being Women's History Month and thought that this would be a wonderful subject for postings. I will be posting some pictures of the women in my life during March.

Number one woman in my life is my mother. My aunt Daisy was probably number two.
Mama was sweet, gentle and loving. She was always there for me from the time I was born until her last days. She never let her handicap come into the way of being involved in our school and church lives.
My Aunt Daisy took us girls ( my sister and cousin ) places where mama could not. We went to the fair and to Minneapolis on the train every year. She was always there for me and so she deserves to be here in my first posting along with mama for Women in History... My history at least.

This picture is of my mother and my aunt Daisy. It was taken in Minnesota probably Olgivee. My mother looks to be a young teenager so that would make this picture taken some where in the mid 1930's. Aunt Daisy would be in her early twenties at this time.

I love the curl in the middle of Daisy's forhead and the big bow on mama's dress.

Mama got polio in the early 1950's while we were living in Texas. That is why aunt Daisy was so close to us girls, helping to take care of us and spending time with us. Aunt Daisy never married and always called us kids her kids.

Hope that you enjoyed learning a little more about mama and my Aunt Daisy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 I am nowhere  done searching for my roots. For my missing family members.  So many to fine so little time.  This has been a hard few years ...