Saturday, March 13, 2010

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - Your Gratitude Story


It is Saturday night and time for Saturday Night Genealogy Fun.. tonight we are to tell a story of gratitude.

Randy Seaver has given us this mission, should you accept it, is to: * Read Megan Smolenyak's article 120 Years of Smolenyaks in America: A Note of Gratitude from a Great-Granddaughter* Do you have an ancestor like Megan's great-grandfather that was the first one to come to America (or your present country of residence) that you would like to thank?* If so, tell us about that ancestor - and why you are thankful for their effort.* Write your own blog post, or leave a comment on this post, or on the Facebook entry for this post.

The person I want to thank is my great grandmother Catherine Gallaher/ Gallagher. She went through struggles in the 1890's that must of been very hard for a woman of that time. She held strong to her beliefs and because of her we are the family we are.

Thank you great grandmother Catherine, I wish I had known you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 I am nowhere  done searching for my roots. For my missing family members.  So many to fine so little time.  This has been a hard few years ...