Monday, September 7, 2009

Who Were My Great Grandparents Part 8


This the last of my Great Grandparents. Number 8 is Mabel Jane Coleman.


Mabel was born July 1st 1872 in Greenwood, Nebraska to John Henry and Alta Angeline ( Cheuvront ) Coleman. She was the second born of five children having two brothers Elic and Elmer and two sisters Alta and Mary.


The early years of her life was spent in Nebraska. Her parents traveled many times during her youth.


She married Arthur Hall in Denver Colorado August 28, 1891. They had three daughters. The oldest being my grandma Alta.


She was a christian woman being baptised in Nebraska and later years became a member of the Lutheran Church her last twelve years. She spent her last years in the Black Hills territory with her two daughters Mae and Pearl after her husband Arthur passed away.

She passed away March 1946 in Arkansas while visiting her sister Mary Wirsig and is now buried in Crawford, Nebraska next to her husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 I am nowhere  done searching for my roots. For my missing family members.  So many to fine so little time.  This has been a hard few years ...