Thursday, October 22, 2009

Finding My Family History on Ancestry.com

I have been spending some time during the evenings on http://www.ancestry.com/. This is a great place to meet distant cousins. I have now hooked up with a cousin on both sides of my mother's family.



First is Nancy her grandfather and my grandfather were brothers.
This picture is my grandpa Bill


Next there is Sylvia, her great grandmother and my great grandmother on my mother's mother's side were sisters.
This is my great grandmother Katherine


Nancy and I have been contacting each other through emails since first contact. We plan to meet next time I am in Minnesota. Since she is in Minneapolis area and has contact to the Historical society she has found the newspaper article telling of the murder of George Day October 26, 1928.
George was my grandfather's uncle and was a watchman on the docks of Duluth.


Because of Nancy I have a copy of his death certificate and other family member's death certificates.


Sylvia and I have just made contact. I will be able to get a better idea of her great grandmother's family from her family tree on www.ancestry.com

I have so much more to tell you, but for now I have to leave and go to work. Till later Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment

 I am nowhere  done searching for my roots. For my missing family members.  So many to fine so little time.  This has been a hard few years ...