Well Randy at Genea-Musings is making us think tonight and realize how very little I know.
Randys message was ... Hey, genealogy fans, it's Saturday Night! Time for some Genealogy Fun!
Your task, if you decide to accept it (cue the Mission Impossible music), is to
1) Pick one of your four great-grandparents - if possible, the one with the most descendants.
2) Create a descendants list for those great-grandparents either by hand or in your software program.
3) Tell us how many descendants, living or dead, are in each generation from those great-grandparents.
4) How many are still living? Of those, how many have you met and exchanged family information with? Are there any that you should make contact with ASAP? Please don't use last names of living people for this - respect their privacy
5) Write about it in your own blog post, in comments to this post, or in comments or a Note on Facebook.
I am choosing my great grandparents William Albert Day ( 1867 1920 ) and Carrie ( Lockwood ) (1870 1946 ) Day
They had 8 children ( all deceased) I met all of them but Dewey who died about 1927
2. Grandchildren 14 Probably met everyone here but not sure. (Not sure if all deceased. )
3. Great-grandchildren 23 (1 deceased for sure a baby brother of mine )not sure about other lines.
4. Great-great-grandchildren 12
5. Great great great grandchildren 10 is all that I know at this time. This is my direct line and missing information on other lines.
that totals 67 known count
From the descendants report for my great-grandparents Day I did not count the spouses of descendants of my great-grandparents, since they are not descendants.
Makes me see how little I know. Need ways to get information and try and meet some of these cousins.
Through http://www.ancestry.com/ I have made contact with a distant cousin in this line. Her grandfather Morris and my grandfather Bill were brothers. We will meet some day.
Need to find more information on decendants of
Morris ( 1891 1985) and Evelyn ( Monson 1894 ) Day
Bernard ( 1896 1977) and Lela ( West ? 1974) Day
Dewey ( ? abt 1927 and Bernice ( Johnson) Day
Gladys ( 1899 1979 ) and Fred White
Lester ( 1902 1955) and Helen ( Wingert) Day
Grace married never had children (1900 1993 ) and FairFax never married