Monday, December 19, 2011

Amanuensis Monday 07 Notes On John W Zion b abt 1770 d Bef 1850

Genea-blogger John Newmark (who writes the TransylvanianDutch blog) started his own Monday blog theme many months ago called Amanuensis Monday.What does "amanuensis" mean?John offers this definition:"A person employed to write what another dictates or to copy what has been written by another."

For today's Amanuensis Monday I am sharing information on the earliest Zion I have in my Zion family tree. Zion is my maiden name.
John W Zion is the first name found in this family. As of yet no other records have been confirmed to who his father is. It is believed his father's name is Zion.
John is the head of the family and appears in Washington County, Virginia in 1789 where he married, November 3, 1789 by John Frost, to Lucy McCormick, born 1722 in Bedford County, Virginia, daughter of William and Agness ( Agnes) McCormick of Bedford County, formerly of Hanover County.
Lucy McCormick's father died in 1775, and after his death, Lucy became the ward of William and Lucy adams, by order of the Court. It is believed that William and Lucy were Lucy's grandparents. This has not been confirmed with recorded facts of yet.

Source Early Settlers of Lee County, Va , Bales , Hattie Byrd Muncy page 541. I do not own this book. How great that would be.
Thanks for stopping by.. think I will go and search for this book to see if available on Amazon. Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment

 I am nowhere  done searching for my roots. For my missing family members.  So many to fine so little time.  This has been a hard few years ...