Saturday, December 10, 2011

DO NOT ALWAYS BELIEVE WHAT YOU SEE ON THE INTERNET WHEN DOING FAMILY RESEARCH My Gallagher Is Not That Gallagher

This morning while doing a little research on some elusive family members I saw that my great grandmother Katherine had married a Gallagher, that her first marriage was to a Raffety and maiden name was Curly.
None of this is true. Some one found a newspaper article stating this news item and posted it to Katherine.
It is so easy to want to believe what is posted but real research needs to be done.
I have shared with two ancestry members who had added this error to their family information.
The true fact is my Katherine was a Gallagher/ Gallaher before she married Appleton Esler. She was never married to any one else.

Back to my family research. This family is so difficult to research past Katherine's parents. I need to order death certificates for her parents Patrick and Johanna Gallagher/ Gallaher.

Thanks for stopping by and if you are related to me please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 I am nowhere  done searching for my roots. For my missing family members.  So many to fine so little time.  This has been a hard few years ...