Popular Posts

52 Weeks Of Personal Genealogy History

Saturday, December 10, 2011

DO NOT ALWAYS BELIEVE WHAT YOU SEE ON THE INTERNET WHEN DOING FAMILY RESEARCH My Gallagher Is Not That Gallagher

This morning while doing a little research on some elusive family members I saw that my great grandmother Katherine had married a Gallagher, that her first marriage was to a Raffety and maiden name was Curly.
None of this is true. Some one found a newspaper article stating this news item and posted it to Katherine.
It is so easy to want to believe what is posted but real research needs to be done.
I have shared with two ancestry members who had added this error to their family information.
The true fact is my Katherine was a Gallagher/ Gallaher before she married Appleton Esler. She was never married to any one else.

Back to my family research. This family is so difficult to research past Katherine's parents. I need to order death certificates for her parents Patrick and Johanna Gallagher/ Gallaher.

Thanks for stopping by and if you are related to me please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment