Thursday, October 7, 2010

Treasure Chest Thursday Marriage of Katherine Gallaher and Appleton Esler 1893




It is Thursday and time for Treasure Chest Thursday. This is the marriage certificate of my great grandmother Katherine Gallaher when she married Appleton Esler. Appleton was not the father of my grandmother but raised her as his and my mother and her brother and sister always talked fondly of him and that he was their grandfather.

I love these old fancy documents. This one is in 4 pieces so quite fragile. It tells me that they married 12 of December 1893 in Wisconsin at Shelby Lat Co. ( not sure what this is but Shelby was a town in Wisconsin. E Markle was the justice of the peace and witnesses were Carolina Markle and Miss Bridget Gallaher ( sister of Katherine)
Glad that I have this great old piece of history to share with other family members.
Thanks for stopping by... Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment

 I am nowhere  done searching for my roots. For my missing family members.  So many to fine so little time.  This has been a hard few years ...