Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Fearless Females Post 11 ~ Tragic or Unexpected Deaths



Fearless Females ~ March 11 Tragic or Unexpected Deaths. To me I find the death of my grandmother Alta tragic since she died in the middle of her life of cancer to the brain. I never was able to meet her but I have letters that she wrote to my parents those last months. She was always so upbeat but her hand writting was changing.

Grandma Alta Hall Zion born June 26, 1892 in Evansville Wisconsin to Arthur R and Mabel (Coleman) Hall.



Alta married Perry June 11, 1913 in Taylor, Nebraska. They had 5 children, John, George, Alice , Arthur ( my dad) and Joe .

Grandma Alta died February 21, 1944 in Winlock Wisconsin.

I treasure the letters of have from her as some of her vintage china and the fact that my middle name is her name. It is my connection to this wonderful wife, mother, daughter and grandmother.

Thanks for stopping by for Fearless Females. .. Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment

 I am nowhere  done searching for my roots. For my missing family members.  So many to fine so little time.  This has been a hard few years ...