Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Fearless Females ~ Post 12 ~ Working Girl


Fearless Females ~ March 12 ~ Working Girl

Meet My Great Aunt 3x Removed the Postmistress of Greenwood Nebraska ... Catherine Coleman

One of my favorite working females is Catherine Coleman who I found at ancestry who was a post mistress. She never married and devoted her life to her family and career. You can read about her on an earlier post here.

Women were encouraged to not marry if they wanted to work in the postal system in the early 1900's. Catherine never married and in the 1930's census she is listed living alone and renting
Thanks for stopping by to read about my fearless females. .. Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment

 I am nowhere  done searching for my roots. For my missing family members.  So many to fine so little time.  This has been a hard few years ...