Thursday, March 24, 2011

Fearless Female ~ Post 13 ~ Moment Of Strength


March 13 ~ Moment of Strength ~ Share a story where a female ancestor showed courage or strength in a difficult situation.
So many of these postings around fearless females end up being my mother. She was the strongest sweetest woman you could meet.
She showed us her strength and courage from the day she was diagnosed with polio until her death in 1998. A day does not go by that I do not think of her and remember her with so much love. My mom came out of this horrible disease alive, many did not. She was handicapped, wearing a brace and using crutches her whole life.
This never stopped her. She could of sat home and felt sorry for herself but did not.
She raised my sister and me and had two more children. Arthur Jr who passed away shortly after birth and my brother David. She was involved in the church and my school. She is my inspiration.
She loved her family and loved God. She was sweet, kind and generous. Even if money was tight for us as a family if she knew a friend of ours needed a winter coat that person would get a winter coat. She loved cookies, playing Yahtzee with family and people watching.
Thanks for stopping by for fearless females.. hope that you come back real soon. Grace

1 comment:

 I am nowhere  done searching for my roots. For my missing family members.  So many to fine so little time.  This has been a hard few years ...