Thursday, March 10, 2011

Fearless Females Post 9 ~ Family Documents


Fearless Females: March 9: Family Documents
The picture shows Fairfax, George Warner and Great Grandma Carrie holding her granddaugher Helen ( son Lester's daughter)
Among my family papers on my mother's side I have a certificate of Church Membership for my great grandmother Carrie Lockwood Day Warner. She is the mother of my grandpa Bill.

This certificate tells me that she became a member of Grace Lutheran "Pineneedle" in McGregor Minnesota ( Sandy Lake) on the 10th of May 1942. The minister was Rev C Zimmerman

I also have a real picture postcard showing the inside of the church from that time period.





I have a feeling that this was a happy time in her life. She was married for a second time, first husband has passed away. She was living on a lake with George Warner her husband and her son Fairfax probably lived near by.

Thanks for stopping by for Fearless Females. I am behind but slowly trying to catch up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 I am nowhere  done searching for my roots. For my missing family members.  So many to fine so little time.  This has been a hard few years ...