Monday, March 7, 2011

Fearless Females Post 1 ~ Favorite Female Ancestor

This morning I stopped over at geneabloggers to read some postings and get ideas for what I wanted to share today.

I came across The Accidental Genealogist and she is doing a series on Fearless Females.

Okay I am late for the party but thought I would try to catch up over the next days.

Fearless Females Blog Post: March 1 - Favorite Female Ancestor ..
How can you possibly pick a favorite female.

Favorite in terms of love of course is my mama.
Female I wish I had met is my grandma Alta. She passed away in 1944 and I was born in 1948.
Female I admire for what she must of gone through in the late 1890's is my great grandmother Katherine.
this is Katherine with husband Appleton. They married shortly after she gave birth to Grandma Grace.
She had my grandmother Grace out of wedlock and her parents
supposedly turned her picture to the wall. I do not know the whole story, but I would of loved to sit with her and listened to her stories.

Female I enjoyed being with eating cookies and drinking ginger ale is my grandma Grace. She never shared the above story and I did not learn any of this until after she had passed away.
I wish she had shared more with me.


Female I want to learn more about .... all of them .
There are so many stories out there. So much to learn and share with my grandchildren. I want them to know some of the stories.

Thanks for stopping by.. Grace

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your Fearless Females blog. My story is very similar to yours. It was the story of my GG-Grandparents that my Grandmother never told my Mother. I made the discovery of the untold story thru newspaper articles from the 1860's. I've wondered how my gg-grandmother was able to maintain her strength of being labeled in 1862.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also find it amazing. What they had to have gone through. The shame at that time. thanks for visiting and commenting

    ReplyDelete

 I am nowhere  done searching for my roots. For my missing family members.  So many to fine so little time.  This has been a hard few years ...