Saturday, March 26, 2011

Surname Saturday ROUSE Family


This picture is of Lemuel Green Cheuvront and Mary Rouse.
Surname Saturday and I am sharing the ROUSE family.I have very little information at this time on them and will need to spend some more time soon on researching them.

Grace Zion daughter of
Arthur Zion and Muriel Day
Arthur son of Perry Zion and Alta Hall
Alta daughter of Arthur Hall and Mabel Coleman
Mabel daughter of John H Coleman and Alta A Cheuvront
Alta daughter of Lemuel Cheuvront and Mary A ROUSE
Mary Rouse b 30 October 1813 in New York to Smith Rouse and Joanna Green and died 21 January 1904 in Taylor Loup, Nebraska. Mary married Lemuel Cheuvront and together they had 6 children.
Smith Rouse born 03 October 1769 in Dutchess, New York to John Doty Rouse and Hannah Smith. Smith Rouse died the 19 May 1840 in Otsego, Muskingum, Ohio. Smith and Joanna married the 13th of July 1801 in Rensselaer, New York and had at at least 6 children. This needs to be researched more.
John Doty Rouse was born 09 December, 1741 in Nine Partners,Dutchess,New York and died 19 January, 1834 in Lansint, Tompkins, New York. John married Hannah Smith.

John was a Captain in the Revolutionary War. While I was in Washington DC many years ago I copied some records of John at the National Archives. They have sat in a file folder since.
One paper I found tonight is that when he died he had 7 surviving children. John, Smith, Anthony, Amos, Mary wife of William Morrison, Peggy wife of William Clark and Rebecca Rouse wife of Jonathan Eddy. This paper also tells me that his wife was Lida Rouse.


I will share this completely soon.

thanks for stopping by.. Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment

 I am nowhere  done searching for my roots. For my missing family members.  So many to fine so little time.  This has been a hard few years ...