Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Will Of John Lovejoy PAGE 2 Getting To Know My Lovejoy Ancestral Roots POST # 3

I am researching my Lovejoy family over several posts.

John Lovejoy was born 1622 and passed away 1690.  John was first married to Mary Osgood who died July 15, 1675. John and Mary had 12 children.
He waited more than a year before marrying Hannah Pritchard.

Post 1 of Getting To Know My Lovejoy Ancestors 

John Lovejoy's will continues Getting To Know My Lovejoy Ancestors Post 2
to see page 1 click here.

There are 6 pages of  his will to be posted for you and my family members.

Last sentence of page 1 of will .... Also I further declare my mind as concerning a writing which was made between myself & my wife about ye time of our marriage respecting her convenience of living after my decease , my will con-

Page 2 Of John Lovejoy's will

concerning thus is : That if she please rather to accept of that which those specified, Then all this to be null and void and nothing worth as concerning her,  But she refusing of that & accepted of this: my will is that it be faithfully performed to her in Every Degree and Tittle.

Item   Concerning my son Wm Lovejoy my Eldest son now living , I have given him his portion all ready as may appear by Deeds confirmed to him of ye Land which he now lives upon

Item  I will & bequeath to my son Christopher Lovejoy Thirty acres of Land joyning on ye West side of ye land of my grandson John Lovejoy be ye same more or less - & a parcell of meadow on ye north endof his ye said Christopher's Land which is now within his fence and also a sixth part of ye meadow which is called ye pond meadow - provided he and his heirs or any or any of them pay yearly to his mother my loving wife H. L. tow bushels of good Indian corn one bush of wheat one bushel of Rye all good and merchantable corne & also forty pounds of good & merchantable pork to be delivered to her yearly according to ye terms of my will to her - also , halfe a Load of good Hay well saved and delivered both for time and place according to ye appointment of her or those that have the management of her affairs -also five pounds in good merchantable corn or cattle sometime within nine years after my decrease to be payd by my son Christopher or his heirs to my daughter Sarah Johnson or her children each one of them a like share.

Item  I will & bequeath to my son Nathaniel Lovejoy all that Lott and upland which I formerly intended for his brother Benjamin - also a piece of meadow Lying upon ye brook that cometh out of crane meadow, bounded on ye South East Corner with upland &on ye East side with ye meadow of my Grandson John Lovejoy , to ye upland on ye northwest side ye meadow , all of meadow called ye pond meadow, and also a sixth part of meadow called ye pond meadow, povided he or his heirs or any of them pay yearly to his mother my loving wife H.L. two  bushells of Indian corn , one bushel of wheat , one of Rye, all good and merchantable corn & also forty pounds of merchantable pork yearly & half a load of good hay well saved and delivered yearly both for time and place according to ye appointment of those that have ye management of her affairs , also five pounds in good and merchantable corn or cattle to my daughter Abigaile Lovejoy or her children sometime within nine years after my decease.

I will be continue posting on my Lovejoys in the future for you and my family members.

Thanks for stopping by

No comments:

Post a Comment

 I am nowhere  done searching for my roots. For my missing family members.  So many to fine so little time.  This has been a hard few years ...