Saturday, May 7, 2016

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun Favorite Photo of Mom Muriel Day




Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - A Favorite Photo of Your Mother
It's Saturday Night, 
Time for more Genealogy Fun!!



This photo is of me and my mom probably taken late 1948 or early 1949.  I am guessing it was taken after church where I was dedicated to the Lord.

Tonight we are to post one of our favorite photos of our mother.  How can I possibly post only one photo. But I will. She is my mom , raised my sister and me and made a home for my dad for all of us.

She was the youngest of 3 living children in the family , having 2 brothers pass away at early age.

She met my father in May 1943 and they married in October of that year.  Dad was in the merchant marines during the war so was away from her during their early years.

I was born in 1948 with my sister born in 1950. After that would come two sons , the first passing away at three days old and my brother David being born in 1963.

Mom would get polio in 1952  while we were living in Texas.  She was not expected to live but being the fighter she was she remained on this earth until 1998.

There are so many stories about my mother and I have posted some here.

Click on this link and you will be able to read more pictures and stories of my favorite woman my mother





No comments:

Post a Comment

 I am nowhere  done searching for my roots. For my missing family members.  So many to fine so little time.  This has been a hard few years ...