Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Will of John Lovejoy PAGE 3 Getting To Know My Lovejoy Ancestral Roots POST # 4

Will Of John Lovejoy PAGE 3 Getting To Know My Lovejoy Ancestral Roots POST # 4

I am researching my Lovejoy family over several posts.

John Lovejoy was born 1622 and passed away 1690.  John was first married to Mary Osgood who died July 15, 1675. John and Mary had 12 children.
He waited more than a year before marrying Hannah Pritchard.

Post 1 of Getting To Know My Lovejoy Ancestors go here

John Lovejoy's will continues Getting To Know My Lovejoy Ancestors Post 2
to see page 1 click here.

To read page 2 of the will click here

John Lovejoy’s 6 page will continues here on page 3

Item   I will and bequeth to my son Joseph Lovejoy twenty acres of upland lying in my Great Division of Land on ye west side of my son Nathaniel, his land & one sixth part of ye meadow called ye pond meadow: also all that piece of meadow called Boston meadow which he made use of the Last year It being now all within fence- Provided he or his heirs or any of them pay yearly to his mother my loving wife H. L. two bushels of Ind. Corn , one of wheat, one of Rye and forty pounds of pork all good and merchantable &and also one Load of good hay well saved & delivered yearly both for time and place at ye appointment of such as order her affairs also five pounds in good and merchantable corn or cattle.  To my daughter Ann Blanchard or her children each one of them a like share & and this to be paid sometime with nine years of my decease.
Item   I will & bequeath to my son Ebenezer Lovejoy , my youngest son , my dwelling house, barn, orchard & all my land joying thereto with that my Land on East side of ye highway and also a parcell of meadow lying by ye hill called Boston hill bounded round with upland & a brooke & also all that parcell of  meadow lying in ye  farm Beginning at ye Bridge & so on ye East side of Christophers land & joynig on ye west side of my grandson John Lovejoys meadow – and ye sixth part of ye pond meadow and also all my share of Land in Shawshinn field also all ye Stock Either of neat cattle or other which is in being at my decease – also all my moveable goods on one kind or other that shall be Left. I doe bequeath it all unto my son Ebenezer Except some other order appear from under my hand for the disposing of them – provided he pay or cause to be payed to his mother my loving wife H. L. five pounds yearly during her naturall life  In currant mearchantable goods as she shall stand in need of her clothing & also two barrels of good cydar he providing and maintaining barrels and also twelve bushels of good apples and all delivered and well stored yearly in her part of ye Cellar further my will is that my son Ebenezer provide & maintaine one good new milch cow so delivered yearly new milch upon or about ye first day of May, and all this my will is that it be faithfully performed in Every degree and Tittle yearly according to ye record of my will  respecting my loving wife further my will is that my son Ebenezer maintaine suitable help in sickness or weakness for his mother & also that he maintain constantly for her a convenient fire also if she desire it a Horse & Man to carry her to meeting , my will is that he doe this only in her living in dwelling house – Further my will is that my son Ebenezer pay to his sister Deborah Lovejoy or her heirs five pound in goods and merchantable corne or cattle within nine

No comments:

Post a Comment

 I am nowhere  done searching for my roots. For my missing family members.  So many to fine so little time.  This has been a hard few years ...