Friday, January 8, 2010

Getting Organized with Family History in 52 weeks Week 1

Back in 1998 I saw in a Daily Genealogy Column a posting for getting organized during the year with our genealogy, family history information. I have saved that information all these years and plan to put some or all of it to use during this year. Feel free to join in as you feel you need to. Some of you will be more organized than I am and some of you may be just beginning.

Week 1

1.Clear off the computer desk and make piles of things to be filed, letters you want to write and research you need to do. Photos should be put aside for now.

2.Check office supplies and replace any missing items. We will need pens, pencils, page protectors, 3 ring binders, oversize divider tabs, ink for the printer, paper, envelopes different sizes and stamps.

3. Set up your computer desk as you want it. Make it as comfortable as possible.

Over New Years week end we were rearranging our apartment to give us a bigger office area to work. While other's were at parties or dining out or just home watching movies, I had hubby helping me move our mattress and vacuuming up dust bunnies hiding in the corners.We now have the bigger of bedrooms as our office work area. More room for mine and hubby's computers, bookcases, photo albums and books on genealogy, family tree note books.
Need to get another book case. Some of my genealogy plus other books are lined up on the floor for now.

I have a long table full of family photos and papers that need to be organized but for now they will be left alone.

Hope that you will join me in my quest to get my family/ genealogy records more organized.

Thanks For Stopping By

No comments:

Post a Comment

 I am nowhere  done searching for my roots. For my missing family members.  So many to fine so little time.  This has been a hard few years ...